Short Macro Course
DIW, November 2017
Web page: matteoiacoviello.com
This is a short topics course in Macro. I will cover solution and estimation models with occasionally binding constraints.
My lecture notes are here. (still in progress!)
1. Solving Dynamic Equilibrium Models* Uhlig, Harald (1997) “A Toolkit for Analyzing Nonlinear Dynamic Stochastic Models Easily''
* Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie and Martin Uribe. "Solving Dynamic General Equilibrium Models Using a Second-Order Approximation to the Policy Function." Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 28 (January 2004): 755-75.
2. Models with Occasionally Binding Constraints
* Guerrieri, Luca, and Matteo
Iacoviello (2015) "Occbin:
Toolkit to Solve Models with Occasionally Binding Constraints
of Monetary Economics,
vol. 70, March, pp. 22-38.
* Anzoategui, Diego, Diego Comin,
Mark Gertler, and Joseba Martinez. Endogenous
Technology Adoption and R&D as Sources of Business Cycle
Persistence. No. w22005. National Bureau of Economic
of Models with Occasionally Binding Constraints
* Guerrieri, Luca, and Matteo Iacoviello (2017), "Collateral Constraints and Macroeconomic Asymmetries," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 90, October, pp.28-49.
* Anzoategui, Diego. Estimating Mixed Frequency Models with Occasionally Binding Constraints. mimeo
Kollmann, Robert. "Tractable likelihood-based estimation of non-linear DSGE models." Economics Letters (2017).
An, Sungbae, and Frank Schorfheide.
analysis of DSGE models." Econometric reviews 26.2-4